Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti

I sat down with Ellen last night while a special news report covered the devastation in Haiti. She watched as the people wandered in the streets of the capital city, and she asked why they were sad. I tried to explain to her that their houses fell down because of the earthquake and that people were missing. Of course, I had to keep it on a 3-year-old level because I didn't want her to have nightmares last night, but it was amazing to see how much she cared. I can't seem to get my mind off of the situation, so Jason and I decided that we needed to help in whatever small way possible.

So many bloggers have had the awesome opportunity to visit impoverished countries through Compassion. Since we've been participating in the Eat From the Pantry Challenge, we've been able to save a few extra dollars. We've also had a few extra small windfalls this week, and I've felt called to donate the extra money to the children and their families in the Compassion organization in Haiti.

In addition to the initial donation we've made, I'd also like to give $5 of each apron order I receive in January to Compassion. Even though they're not on etsy yet, please feel free to email me (superiorgirls@gmail.com) with orders. Please specify which colors you'd like and any special requests. The costs of the aprons is $45.

No comments:

Post a Comment